Member Call for Entries : July Gallery Exhibit
PATTERNS, TEXTURES & MATERIALS
Entry Deadline: May 28th
Show: JUNE 28th – JULY 29th
SFWA members are invited to submit up to 3 entries to our July Gallery exhibition. The theme for this show is Patterns, Textures & Materials – You are invited to submit works featuring strong patterns, symmetry, distinctive textures or any combination of these. Your work might include multiple layers, materials, or a repeat design. All mediums including collage, mixed media, and assemblage are encouraged.
JUROR: Deborah Corsini, Artist, Teacher, Curator, and former Curator of the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles,
FEES: Entry fee is $30 for SFWA Members for up to 3 entries. Fees must be paid online at time of submission. Fee payment does not guarantee that any/all artworks submitted for jurying will be included in this exhibition.
GALLERY COMMISSION: THE SFWA Gallery receives a 35% commission on all work sold.
SUBMISSIONS: 5/7/22 – 5/28/22
No work submitted outside of that period will be considered.
All submissions must be done online.
NOTIFICATION*: Email by Friday, 6/3/22. If you do not see the email from SFWA, look in your spam folder. If nothing shows, contact SFWA asap: 415-566-8550 or email@example.com
ART DROP OFF: Friday, June 24th, from 11:30 am – 3:00 pm
Saturday, June 25th from 11:30 am – 3:00 pm
ART PICK-UP: Friday, July 29th & Saturday, July 30th, 11:30am – 3pm
EXHIBITION: June 28th – Jully 29th, 2022
RECEPTION: Saturday, July 2nd, 2:00 – 4:00 pm
WALL ART SIZE LIMIT: Maximum width for show submissions is 50 inches INCLUDING FRAME. *Contact the gallery to request an exception for the width limit.
REQUIREMENTS FOR 3D ARTWORK:
- Standing sculpture must have a flat base & fit securely onto a 16×16″ pedestal base.
- Bas-relief works need to be gallery-ready for installation
- For free-standing sculpture, contact the gallery prior to submission
- Fragile or unstable pieces will not be accepted at gallery receiving
HANGING REQUIREMENT: All artwork must be ready to install with hanging wire. The wire should be low enough to be hung without the hanging hook showing above the frame, and just loose enough for the wire to be pulled over the hook. NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS! Note: any work that requires special installation (e.g., some wood or metal prints) must have gallery approval in advance. Please review the Hanging Instructions and the Wall Art Receiving Check List
LIABILITY: SFWA cannot accept responsibility for damage incurred to art that is vulnerable or fragile (i.e. unprotected photographs; prints on metal, wood or acrylic; or other specialty art.)
PRICING: It is important to price your artwork appropriately; prices that are too high or too low impact the credibility of our gallery and the artist. There are many articles on pricing your art posted online. ALL SUBMITTED WORK MUST BE FOR SALE.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ:
1. Once the Submission Deadline has passed, you will not be able to adjust artwork title, medium, or price by contacting SFWA. Give yourself time to think it through, or get advice, especially on the price, before the deadline. If your normal medium is not listed, please let us know and we will add it to the category list.
2. For complex or special art processes: Use the ‘Notes’ section in the submission form to describe unusual or complex process, techniques, or materials used in your artwork. This aids the gallery staff in discussing and selling your work. Mixed media and encaustic artworks, for example, may benefit from more description of their process.
3. Per 1 and 2 above, the title, size including frame, and description will be used for the posting your accepted work in the Online Shop. Please use the Notes section in the submission form to explain what you want online viewers to see.
4. Acceptance by the juror does not guarantee acceptance by the gallery. Please be sure to read the HANGING INSTRUCTIONS and the Wall Art Receiving Check List before bringing art to the gallery.