Open Call for Entries: July Gallery Show
Deadline: JUNE 3
Gallery Exhibit: JULY 4 – AUGUST 5
SFWA Gallery invites Bay Area artists (men & women) to submit up to 3 entries to our July Gallery Exhibit. All 2D mediums are welcome except video. ABSTRACTION – shapes, colors, and forms that create a visual reality; a simplification of forms – objects, figures, and landscapes.
SFWA is an historic nonprofit membership arts organization that continues to support and promote Bay Area artists. Each month it presents a juried show, featuring regional fine art in SFWA’s spacious gallery at Irving & 8th in San Francisco’s vibrant Inner Sunset.
All accepted work will need to be brought to the gallery at 647 Irving Street, San Francisco, 94122, on Saturday, July 1 or Sunday, July 2- as outlined below.
- FEES: Entry fee is $45 for up to 3 entries. SFWA Members may use the member fee of $30 for up to 3 entries by inserting the discount code when logging in. Learn more about becoming an SFWA member here. Entries are not refundable. Fees must be paid online at time of submission. Fee payment does not guarantee that any/all artworks submitted for jurying will be included in this exhibition.
- ART SIZE: Maximum width for show submissions is 50 inches, INCLUDING FRAME. *Contact the gallery to request an exception for the width limit.
- HANGING REQUIREMENT: All artwork must be ready to install with hanging wire. Note: any work that requires special installation (i.e. wood or metal prints) must have gallery approval in advance. Hanging Instructions. Presentation Checklist.
- ARTWORK: SFWA cannot accept responsibility for damage incurred to art that is vulnerable or fragile (i.e. unprotected photographs; prints on metal, wood or acrylic; or, other specialty art.)
- PRICING: It is important to price your artwork appropriately; prices that are too high or too low impact the credibility of our gallery and the artist. Here are three helpful links for setting prices: ArtBusiness.com, Xanadu Gallery podcast on pricing and ArtistDaily.com
- JUROR: Mary Mocas, Artist and Art Consultant, founder of The Mocas Group Art Consultants
- CASH* AWARDS: Three cash awards will be given to the Juror’s Choice selections in the amount of $100 each.
- SUBMISSION DATES: 4/10/17 – 6/3/17.
No work submitted outside of that period will be considered.
All submissions must be done online.
- ACCEPTANCE* NOTIFICATION DATE: by 6/9/17.
- RECEIVING DATES: Saturday, July 1, from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM or Sunday, July 2, from 9:00 to 11:00 AM
- EXHIBITION DATES: Tuesday, July 4 through Saturday, August 5
- OPENING RECEPTION DATE: Thursday, July 6, 5:30 – 8:00 PM
*For complex or special art processes: Use the ‘Notes’ section in Smarter Entry to describe unusual or complex process, techniques, or materials used in your artwork. This aids the gallery staff in discussing and selling your work. Mixed media and encaustic artworks, for example, may benefit from more description of their process.