Open to all Bay Area Artists: September Salon Show
“FREE TO BE”
Entry Deadline: AUGUST 1
Show: SEPTEMBER 1 – 26San Francisco Women Artists welcomes Bay Area artists of all genders to submit work for this juried exhibition.Your imagery celebrating diversity and affirmation, showing support of inclusiveness, and self-acceptance is gratefully invited. Providing solidarity and strength through shared self-expression, the ARTS remain essential, and perhaps even more so now, during times such as these. We believe that Art mirrors the human experience and helps shape our culture. Through its potential for deep understanding, through its courageous challenges to our perceptions, and through a forging of deep human relatedness, Art can lead us to a more just world.
Juror: Amy Cancelmo, Artist Consultant, Curator and Queer Art Historian
- SUBMISSIONS: 7/4-8/1/20
No work submitted after this date will be considered.
All submissions must be done online.
- ACCEPTANCE* NOTIFICATION: by Friday, August 7
- ARTWORK DROPOFF: Art MUST be dropped of on Saturday, August 26th, between 11:00 and 3:00; or Sunday August 30th, between 9:00 and 11:00 AM (no later).
- EXHIBITION: Tuesday, September 1 – Saturday, September 26th
- OPENING RECEPTION: TBD
- FEES: Entry fee is $45 for up to 3 entries. SFWA Members may use the member fee of $30 for up to 3 entries – you will receive your Member Discount code via email. Use the code you have been sent after logging in. Learn more about becoming an SFWA member here. Entries are not refundable. Fees must be paid online at time of submission. Fee payment does not guarantee that any/all artworks submitted for jurying will be included in this exhibition.
ART SIZE: Maximum width for show submissions is 50 inches, INCLUDING FRAME. *Contact the gallery to request an exception for the width limit.
HANGING REQUIREMENT: All artwork must be ready to install with hanging wire. The wire must be low enough to be hung without the hanging hook showing above the frame, and just loose enough for the wire to be pulled over the hook. Note: any work that requires special installation (i.e. wood or metal prints) must have gallery approval in advance. Please review the Hanging Instructions and the Wall Art Receiving Check List
ARTWORK: SFWA cannot accept responsibility for damage incurred to art that is vulnerable or fragile (i.e. unprotected photographs; prints on metal, wood or acrylic; or other specialty art.)
PRICING: It is important to price your artwork appropriately; prices that are too high or too low impact the credibility of our gallery and the artist. Here are three helpful links for setting prices: ArtBusiness.com, Xanadu Gallery podcast on pricing and ArtistDaily.com Suggested best price range: $385 – $3,200
Note: Once the Submission Deadline has passed, you will not be able to adjust artwork title, medium, or price by contacting SFWA. Give yourself time to think it through, or get advice, especially on the price, before the deadline. If your normal medium is not listed, please let us know and we will add it in as a category.
*For complex or special art processes: Use the ‘Notes’ section in Smarter Entry to describe unusual or complex process, techniques, or materials used in your artwork. This aids the gallery staff in discussing and selling your work. Mixed media and encaustic artworks, for example, may benefit from more description of their process.
* IMPORTANT: Acceptance by the juror does not guarantee acceptance by the gallery. Please be sure to read the HANGING INSTRUCTIONS and the Wall Art Receiving Check List before bringing art to the gallery.